Friday, November 9, 2007

Emily Graeber, 15, Escapee/Survivor or Victim of Foul Play?


The Deseret Morning News's Rebecca Palmer has reported that Emily Graeber, 15, disappeared as she was was headed to the Island View Residential Treatment Center in Syracuse, Utah. She had been on a home visit from the program but was supposed to be returning. "Island View is part of the Aspen Education Group, which owns and operates facilities throughout Utah and in other Western states. Graeber's disappearance is the latest in a series of problems for the company," per Rebecca Palmer. As I have said before, Aspen Education Group, the one that Dr. Phil endorses, is just as bad as the rest of the programs. I hope the girl has just escaped and has not been kidnapped. Although if she has escaped I feel very badly for her. Once you've been in the program and you know program people aren't always what they claim to be you want to run and since the program people enlist the police's help and your parents think they are doing what is best for you, you (or in this case Emily) feel like you are running from everyone just to survive. You have to run from good guys and bad guys alike. Good Luck Emily, I hope you are safe!

1 comment:

Greg Alsworth said...

Aspen classified:
I hope this girl is ok. I am a former employee of one of Aspen’s Programs (Cedars Academy) and I am currently in the process of writing an expose' about the horrors of these places. The way these programs operate is appalling. They claim to be places where "sick" kids are helped. I believe truly sick kids should be in hospitals!!!! If you have information to share, are a former employee of Aspen, a parent of a child that attended, or a former student, please contact me at alzie6@msn.com. I would to here your story; good, bad, or ugly.